Gorilla Price [Closed]
Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:53 PM
The junkware removal tool is running a process check on my 8.1. It didn't give me the option to save to the flash drive
Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:09 PM
Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:21 PM
junkware run on my daughter's computer, now lets see about adwcleaner
Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:23 PM
We need to make sure adwcleaner only removes what it needs to.
Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:44 AM
Hi, this is being a little stubborn so we might need to attack it again. First we will complete adwcleaner and then check with FRST again to see what is going on. Then bring out the big guns if that doesn't work.
Close all open windows and browsers.
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon to run AdwCleaner. (Vista and 7 users) Right click the AdwCleaner icon, click Run as administrator and accept the UAC prompt to run AdwCleaner.
- Click the Scan button and wait for the scan to complete.
- When the Scan has finished the Scan button will be grayed out and the Clean button will be activated.
- Click the Clean button.
- Everything checked will be deleted.
- When the program has finished cleaning a report appears.
- Once done it will ask to reboot, allow this
- On reboot a log will be produced please copy / paste that in your next reply. This report is also saved to C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt
Please run FRST64 again from your Desktop. If you do not currently have it on your system, download it from here and save it to your desktop.
- Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
- Press Scan button.
- It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
- Please copy and paste log back here.
Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:32 AM
Good Morning, from Sunny California! Here are the logs. Please recall the computer is still unable to access the internet
Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:21 AM
The logs look good but there is obviously something lurking that keeps changing the proxy. You will of course have to transfer it over again like you have been doing.
Please download Download RogueKiller by Tigzy to your desktop.
- Quit all programs
- Right click roguekiller.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Wait until Prescan has finished ...
- Click on Scan.
Once the scan has completed, click on the registry tab and locate the entries that relate to proxy server. Check the boxes next to them and press delete. ( have attached a screenshot so you know what to look for)
- Once finished, click on Report
Please post the contents of the RKreport.txt in your next Reply.
Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:22 PM
I appreciate the clarity of your directions Here you go.
Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:28 PM
Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:46 PM
I tried to reboot right after I sent you the report and I still get the Proxy Server error
Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:43 AM
This one really is persistent....Lets get out the cannon
Combofix by sUBs
Please download Combofix from here
- Note: Please read through these instructions before running ComboFix.
- Please download ComboFix and save the file to your Desktop. << Important!
- Temporarily disable your anti-virus software. For instructions, please refer to the following link.
- Right-Click ComboFix.exe and select Run as administrator to run the program.
- Follow the prompts.
- Allow ComboFix to complete it's removal routine (please refer to Important Notes)
- Upon completion, a log (ComboFix.txt) will be opened and also a copy created in the root directory (C:\). Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.
- Re-enable your anti-virus software.
- Do NOT mouse click ComboFix's window whilst it is running. This may cause it to stall.
- Do NOT use your computer whilst ComboFix is running.
- Your Desktop/taskbar may disappear whilst ComboFix is running; this is normal.
- If you get the message Illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion please reboot your computer.
- ComboFix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts.
- Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until ComboFix has completely finished.
- If you are unable to access the Internet after running ComboFix, please reboot your computer.
Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:33 AM
Wow that took an hour! But the computer boots up, no garbage adware popped up---that bugger was imbedded! Let me know if all looks good, and thank you so much!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users