Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gorilla Price [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

redbchtrvlr

redbchtrvlr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

The black box went away.  I went into Programs, clicked on grillaprice and then hit uninstall.  I received a notice Action not permited.  It is being blocked by Kaspersky.

Advertisements

ruggie_uk

ruggie_uk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,083 posts

It might be best to have kaspersky delete the quarantined items. Or you can decide to leave it as it is as it now doing no harm so it is up to you.

If you have kaspersky delete the quarantine then we can remove the remnants with another tool.

Just let me know what you would like to do.

redbchtrvlr

redbchtrvlr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Ok I deleted with Kaspersky.  So how do we get rid of the remnants---grillaprice still in Programs.  Thanks for all your help!

ruggie_uk

ruggie_uk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,083 posts
Try the batch file again. Its job is to remove the listing from programs and features.
But i do suspect kaspersky stopped it from working as I tested the file here by adding the entries and eemoving them with the batch file.
Or try from programs and features again. As its been removed already, it should say words to rhat effect and then offer to remove the entry.
Try both methods and see what happens.

redbchtrvlr

redbchtrvlr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Yes Kaspersky stopped it from running. I previously tried to remove from programs and I still can't uninstall.  And according to the Kaspersky log, the program is still there, just inactive. What happens if I deactivate Kaspersky and use your batch run?  Can the computer be reinfected?

ruggie_uk

ruggie_uk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,083 posts

The batch file is just to remove from programs and features. You can disable kaspersky safely, run the batch and then re-enable kaspersky. The grilla program will not be run at all.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.