Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible AV/Spyware remove program clash

• Please log in to reply

sammyW

sammyW

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hello,
I have always run Panda AV and wish to use this program as my primary AV software. However lately I have had a few problems, and have installed a few programs to help in the removal, the GTG staff have recommended me to keep, ewido security suit, ad-aware, microsoft antispyware, spybot SD, spywareblaster, and TDS-3. I would really like to keep all of these programs installed, as they seem to do a pretty good job together, what one misses, another picks up. However I would like for them not to interfer with each other, and have panda as the main AV removal program. Is this possible? I have notice that when I right-click on a file, it used to give me the option of scanning it with panda, however now as well as panda it gives me the option of ewido and TDS-3 as well!

I would really appreciate any help on this issue.
Thank you.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I have Panda with those you mention, excepting Ewido and TDS, it has not been an issue with Panda, which would say if it was.

Providing you can update Panda and run it without getting an error message it is OK

You could further decide this by reinstalling Panda from the my downloads section at Panda

http://www.pandasoft...ree/?idIdioma=2

This will leave your existing version in place until it is replaced with the download

sammyW

sammyW

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Thanks for your help. I think I might just leave it as it is now, I just thought that the programs could be interfering with each other, but as you said it would not update or would come up with error messages, none of which is happening. Would you know how to get the scanning links out of the menu when you right-click on a program? Just a little thing that enoys me. There doesn't appear to be a preference menu in ewido or TDS-3, which are the only 2 in the menu, besides panda which I would like to stay.
Once again thanks for your help!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Usually, these are preferences set during the installation, though you ought to be able to change this.

E-mail the tech support for TDS and Ewido to ask them

sammyW

sammyW

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Thanks alot Keith, really appreciate it!