Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firefox Opens to Blank Page

• Please log in to reply

msbug

msbug

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

This has just started happening the last couple of days. When I open Mozilla a blank page is there instead of my home page. If I click the home button it goes to yahoo. The computer also was taking a little time loading pages, sometimes, but not all the time. I did a system restore thinking maybe something happened in bewtween times, but it didn't help. When open plug ins, nothing shows up excepy a link to click on updating them. It's weird and just happened a few days ago. Thanks. IE explored opens pages quickly and opens to the homepage. So I think it is firefox.

Edited by msbug, 16 September 2014 - 05:20 PM.

Advertisements

SupeR GeekiN CognitO

SupeR GeekiN CognitO

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Hello msbug

In Firefox go to tools > options.

Then under the general tab look for: When Firefox Starts

Now in the selection box pick Show My Homepage.

Click ok and you should be good to go.

Thank you and have a great day.

:ph34r: SGC :ph34r:

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Hi SGC,

Thanks for your reply. It is set for my home page but every time I open firefox it has a blank page and says new tab at the top. If I click on the home button, then it goes to Yahoo.

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

I am assuming it has to do with firefox. It's weird, because when I open add ons and click on plug ins there are no plug ins showing only the line click here to see if plug ins are up to date. When I go there, you can't disable anything only update to see if it is because of one of those.

Edited by msbug, 19 September 2014 - 06:03 AM.

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

well it is fixed. Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. Someone told me to go into safemode and then on restart it updated and worked.