Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

error message re: nv4_disp

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

greetings.  on start up i keep getting the following message:

a problem has been detected & windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.  the problem seems to be caused by the following file:    nv4_disp.  if this the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.  if this screen appears again, follow these steps.  the device driver got stuck in an infinite loop.  this usually indicates problem w/ the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly.  please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

please tell me explicitly how to resolve this problem using a remedy i can transfer from my pc to the laptop that has the problem. the laptop only stays on for 4-5 minutes & then becomes unusable.  thanks, shalom

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,724 posts

:welcome:    bpthompson

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode with Networking or Last Known Good Configuration.

Can you post the brand and model name or number of the notebook so that we can look for the drivers for you.