Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thoughts on an HP 110-217 cb 23" Desktop Computer

• Please log in to reply

PBHRescue

PBHRescue

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

I was wondering what your thoughts were on an HP 110-217cb 23" Desktop Computer, AMD A4-5000, 4GB Memory, 1 TB Hard drive? Pros and cons?

How good of a computer is this? The 4GB RAM I consider a con but it's able to be maxed out at 16 GB. The other con is, it has Windows 8 where I'd prefer Windows 7. However, I believe I am getting a very good deal on it at $200. Includes tower, 23" monitor, mouse, keyboard, and of course the cords. Just seeking opinions and whatnot. How's the performance and speed? Etc?

Edited by PBHRescue, 17 September 2014 - 12:07 PM.

Advertisements

PBHRescue

PBHRescue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

I hope this is the proper forum to post, if not... Please forgive me. Also forgive some errors. I'm on my phone and that stupid auto correct got me.

*Edited OP to correct the not so smart auto correct corrections...

Edited by PBHRescue, 17 September 2014 - 12:08 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello PBHRescue,

The price is a pro but the cons depend on what the main use of the computer will be, the processor for example is slow, the CPU also provides the graphics so if you are looking for a gaming computer you will be disappointed with the HP 110-217cb.

PBHRescue

PBHRescue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Hello phillpower2,
Thanks for the reply! Nope, I'm not a gamer... so no worries there! It'll basically be used for just the basics such as normal website browsing, social media, etc... The main programs I'll install are Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat, and Word. Not looking to do much of anything fancy with it. I'm a simple man! :)

PBHRescue

PBHRescue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Weird. Forum's now showing "0 views"...

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

It is a good purchase then at $200  :thumbsup:

8GB of Ram would allow you to get the best from the 64-bit OS and Adobe, the CPU is compatible with Ram up to 1600MHz so hopefully that is what the 4GB memory fitted is, if not you can get by for now then upgrade when the price of Ram drops.

Tip

If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page)