Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

compaq 325 doesn't boots

• Please log in to reply

prashant9490

prashant9490

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello, my compaq 325 doesn't boots when i try to
on it , it gives 5 times light on capslock key so its
an motherboard issue so i had been to hp service
center and they told its power ic has burnt and
they repaired after running few days again in got
same problem so i had visited some local repair
shop they also told again your power ic has been
burnt and i asked the reason for it amd they told
its caz of overheating, according to my knowledge
power ic burns caz of power fluctuations, but i am
not an laptop technician so i want to know is it
becaz of overheating or becaz of power
fluctuations.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Overheating would be my first guess.

Why do you suspect power fluctuations? Where are you located?

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

i guess the real question is what is causing it to keep overheating and burning out?

you using it on your lap/bed cover and blocking air flow?

could it be a power fluctuation of some type causing it to overheat and keep burning out? yes i think it is possible some other component may be faulty causing the power ic to burn out.

:popcorn:

prashant9490

prashant9490

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
@ SpywareDr :- i am residing in India, i do suspect power voltage fluctuations caz heating will be on gpu and cpu and i always use to view their temps. they will be under 60°C.

prashant9490

prashant9490

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

i guess the real question is what is causing it to keep overheating and burning out?

you using it on your lap/bed cover and blocking air flow?

could it be a power fluctuation of some type causing it to overheat and keep burning out? yes i think it is possible some other component may be faulty causing the power ic to burn out.

my question question is why do power ic is burning, local technician told power ic is burning caz of overheating of lap, but i keep it full ventilated, change thermal paste regularly and clean it regularly, but when i went to hp service center they told power ic has been failed because of voltage fluctuations. i can't figure out which one is the real reason, if its caz of overheating than i can put a new heat sink and fan or if its caz of voltage fluctuations i can keep any voltage stabilizer for it or else if weak MB is the problem i can change full MB.

prashant9490

prashant9490

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
if its voltage fluctuations, i guess how can it be possible caz for lap we use adapter and it gives voltage how it is rated to give, or m i wrong and it just bypasses if over voltage comes from main supply?

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

sorry it's been over 30 years since i studied/worked with electronics, so have no answers for you or any advice on how to diagnose where the problem may be, just saying it is a possibility and something that i'd definitely look into if it burns out a 3rd time.