Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SBS 2011 running out of space on c drive.

• Please log in to reply

Cotutor

Cotutor

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Ok, SBS 2011, very basic. 

300 gb partition for C.

Suddenly got a notice that C drive is almost full, only 472 mb remaining.

A little investigation shows the culprit as C:\program files\ Microsoft SQL Server\ MSSQL10_50.SBSMONITORING\MSSQL\log

That location is using 137 gb. Numerous mdmp files as well as others.

We aren't running anything in SQL, so I have to assume this is a result of the SBS using it for something.... but how do I clear out all this space and prevent this from happening in the future?

Advertisements

jackmiller1

jackmiller1

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey.dude,i;ve ever met something like you said,its says my c drive is running out of space,but i cant find what occupied my space,finnally someone tells me that i install something in c drive,and the cache is saved there hiddenly,,i suggest you to not install anything in c drive,if its not necessary,and use "MINITOOL PARTITION WIZARD" to allocate space from other partition to C :,dont easily delete anything in C : before you figure out what it is