Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best Gaming Mobo for the I5 3570k/GTX 660TI?

• Please log in to reply

chengthomasvang94

chengthomasvang94

• Pip
  • 8 posts

It seems like after I gathered a lot of information for here and other sites. My Asrock motherboard seems to have shorted/died.

I'm looking for another motherboard for my I5 3570k and GTX 660TI.

I'm not a computer expert so when I got the supplies to build my first rig, it was from the help of others.

I just need a good solid mobo if there aren't any gaming mobos; if there is even such a thing.

Somewhere around the $100-150 range is just the perfect price range for me.

I don't know if the case matters too but I got a new case and it looks bigger than my previous case also. 

The case is a Corsair Graphite Series 230T. 

Thank you!

I am pretty much a noob so I'd like to know why a certain mobo is good.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

A little over your maximum budget but after claiming the mail in rebate the MB costs $129.99 + shipping, ASUS P8Z77 V it has built in Wi-Fi and is both Sli and Crossfire compatible, ATX type with USB 3.0 headers which will both go nicely with your Corsair Mid tower chassis, that is only four of the boards benefits and the ASUS homepage gives a lot more in depth information, see here

chengthomasvang94

chengthomasvang94

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

A little over your maximum budget but after claiming the mail in rebate the MB costs $129.99 + shipping, ASUS P8Z77 V it has built in Wi-Fi and is both Sli and Crossfire compatible, ATX type with USB 3.0 headers which will both go nicely with your Corsair Mid tower chassis, that is only four of the boards benefits and the ASUS homepage gives a lot more in depth information, see here

Thank you! It looks amazing! It may be a little over but whatever! It looks very promising. Thank you!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

You are most welcome  :)

As an asides, I have a wireless Z87 ASUS Pro MB running Windows 8.1 Pro from an SSD, the computer boots in a matter of seconds and the MBs wireless signal is instantly present.