Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Chrome; Strange site when opening new tab

• Please log in to reply

daveBB

daveBB

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Hi,

When I open chrome (or anotother browser) everything is normal, or at least, seems normal.

When I open a new tab (or a new chrome schreen) using ctrl-N or ctrl-T I get a screen that doesn't show my normal opening page (simple google.nl) but another search page.

Yesterday I though I had the problem covered when I found a search engine unknown by me in the settings. I changed it back and also changed my standard homepage back using the configurationscreen (I assume it's called this way, my version of Windows 7 is in Dutch so I may get some of the names wrong).

Today the home page was changed again into the very same weird search engine .. ( trovi.com )

I suspect there may be malware at work here (and that's kicking in an already opened door I assume). Could you please help me to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance!

dave

edit: found the name of the unintended website; trovi.com

Edited by daveBB, 22 September 2014 - 03:49 AM.

Advertisements