Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba Satellite & Physical Dump

• Please log in to reply

suecal

suecal

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi
I was having a slow system and followed some instructions from other topic. Well I did the removal of file, did Hijack this and then when I was running the Virus scan, during it the screen went into DOS mode and said something about an error, and did a Physical Dump and to restart.
I tried to restart the laptop but it comes up with the Toshiba screen, then goes to black screen with only a cursor and it is rather noisy. I am sure the harddrive is making this noise.
I do hope this does not mean that it 'crashed'

Hope you can help me,
Sue :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here to see if this is what you are getting

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;314503

suecal

suecal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ok, have done a few things. With the Toshiba Satellite A10 I have 3 recovery discs. Tried starting up with 1, didn't work. But then tried starting in SAFE MODE which it did MS DOS list of system then crashed with error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

STOP: 0X0000007B.
Then I started the computer in normal mode. which after about 5 minutes got to users screen. Started a user, waiting forever it crashed again.
Then tried starting it again in normal mode. again error with blue screen.

I have a feeling that I was told to remove McAfee file because I had AVG running as well.... do you think that could be my problem?
Thanks so far.

Edited by suecal, 11 June 2005 - 06:21 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Running two Anti Virus can cause issues