Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no operating system found

• Please log in to reply

heatherhinojosa

heatherhinojosa

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, sometimes when I turn my laptop on it tells me no operating system found. It doesn't do this all the time. Sometimes it starts just fine and as log as I leave it on there is no issue. I don't know what this mean or how to fix it. Could someone help me please? Thank you.

Advertisements

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Hi and :welcome:

This sounds like a periodic sticking of the hard drive and may be a sign it is soon to fail completely.

The first priority is to get all your data backed up to somewhere else, ideally an external hard drive if you have or can get one.

If it is perfectly OK once it has got running, I doubt that it will be anything else other than the hard drive beginning to go faulty.

The eventual cure will be a replacement hard drive so that the backup can then be put on the new drive once it is fitted.

In your next post, can you please tell us what make and model is of your laptop so we can find out more information for you please.

Nev.