Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox problems.. ?

• Please log in to reply

David VCF

David VCF

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: ;)

Something old is new again. Reports by Danish security firm Secunia indicate both Mozilla and Firefox browsers are susceptible to a flaw first discovered in 1998.

A malicious coder could use the vulnerability to spoof a legitimate web site, and gather personal information from users tricked into visiting and interacting with the spoofed site.

Secunia rates the flaw as moderately critical, and confirms it exists in Firefox 1.0.4 and Mozilla 1.7.8. Mozilla has recommended users close all other tabs in the window before visiting a site where personal information will be entered.

Mozilla has been very quick to deal with security issues as they have arisen. Users should visit the Mozilla web site for updates on the flaw and for a patch when it becomes available.

Last month, Mozilla had to quickly fix three significant security flaws discovered during Mother's Day weekend.

It appears the growing popularity of Firefox has placed it into the sights of more malicious attackers. Users who have moved from Microsoft's Internet Explorer to Firefox are starting to find security problems following them to the new browser.

Browser security is an industry problem, not just a problem of manufacturers, as a member of the IE team at Microsoft observed online.

More information on Secunia's findings, including a link where a user may test their Firefox or Mozilla browser for the vulnerability, may be found online.

Source: webpronews.com

http://www.informati...cleID=160900911

im no expert, ive never liked firefox myself, what does everyone think of it now??

Advertisements

becca77

becca77

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Well I'm no expert either - but I heard all the hoopla about Firefox and decided to try it and everytime I typed in a web address into the address bar I got "cannot find blah blah blah" or something to that effect. I can't remember because I uninstalled it right away. What a bummer. :tazz: