Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

audio video chat. capturing edit

• Please log in to reply

stsguy

stsguy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello folks I have a question. At 50 I've tried to do my best keeping up with the tech world but it's hard. It moves faster everyday and I move slower every minute. Yesterday I was blessed with my 4th grandchild and the same day I also hit a technical wall that stopped me in my tracks. I looked on youtube but nothing is clear to me.
So here we go.
I want to do interviews online with folks in a sport I'm involved with. I would.like the ability to record then be able to edit. I use video pad cause its FREE. but I want to be able to clean up the videos and overlay pics while we discuss in the back ground. It should be easy enuff but I am not sure what platform to use ....Skype or what ever. I need to keep in mind the other end of the conversation the user may or may not be computer savvy. And because of hardware limitations a audio conversation may be all I can get.
I have not used a video chat service more than 1 or 2 ttimes and it was a long time ago and it worked poorly. So with all that in mind my skills or lack of. The skill level of who I may chat with. The 2 laptops I have to use. Both acers, a 6030 and 5538 aspires. And the fact I have NO BUDGET what would you recommend?. Things have changed alot from when I worked on computers. 2 51/4 flops and a monochrome monitor and a fresh copy of Leisure Suit Larry. So please help this old cat. Thanks in advance. Joe

Advertisements