Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

R emove an app

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

• PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
I want to REMOVE an app, KNCTR from my desktop with XP. I am using Firefox.

It appears on the CP\Remove apps listing. When I click it to start the remove process I get a message to the effect that Uninstall has detected that KNCTR is running. Please shut it down, then restart the Remove process. But I do not see a KNCTR icon in the tray at the bottom of the screen (to the right of the START button) and when I go to Task Manager KNCTR is not shown as active.

Can someone tell me what may be going on and suggest how I can remove it.
Thanks for your help.  ... batpark

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts

This is all I could find on it: How to uninstall KNCTR

batpark

batpark

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

ztrucker: A million thanks. That did it! Your site walked me right thru it. You guys are wonderful.   ...batpark

PS: I have forgotten how to click the Special Thanks icon. Would you please remind me?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts

I believe it's the little grey o next to the white on green arrow:

Rep.jpg

batpark

batpark

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

I saw the white shape next to the green arrow -- and then it was gone? In any event, what does "reputation" mean? I'm afraid I have not been crediting help as I should have been by using this system. .Is there an explanation of the system?.. batpark