Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pirated software - rhow to get rid of it and restore to original facto

• Please log in to reply

bubbles20

bubbles20

• Pip
  • 1 posts

local business man installed pirated windows 7 on my windows xp to update my operationg system.  My computer works like crap.  Asked him to restore it and clean it up, told me where to go.

How do I reset to original factory condition and get rid of the pirated windows 7?

I have an HP it is about 9 years old and I don't have a disc.  

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What is the full model number and what are the specs of the computer?
CPU speed, # of cores.
How much memory.
How big is the hard drive, what speed, 5400 or 7200 RPM.

Run Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor, see what it says.

You're going to have to buy a XP install DVD or a HP Recovery DVD or a Windows 7 Install DVD, Which one depends on what you want to do and cost., unless you can borrow one from a friend.

XP Install CD you can get from E-bay. Just get one that matches the version of XP you have unless it comes with a COA sticker and key, then you can use it instead of the key from the COA sticker on your computer.

You can order a HP Recovery DVD from RestoreDisks.com

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 19 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.