Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Possible Malware (Bitminer?) [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,684 posts
Everything ok, have you ran DelFix successfully ? Also you have a reply in your hardware topic posted. :)

Advertisements

Trippster

Trippster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Everything is ok from a malware perspective, I will work with the hardware guys to see whats going on with my CPU temp. I was about to run Delfix but I am hoping it is ok I don't. I don't care for resetting UAC and some of those other settings. I have them intentionally off. I take ownership if something goes bump because of this. I appreciate your help!

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,684 posts
Hi. :)

I was about to run Delfix but I am hoping it is ok I don't. I don't care for resetting UAC and some of those other settings. I have them intentionally off. I take ownership if something goes bump because of this. I appreciate your help!

Fair play and not a problem at all as the machine is your property after-all and I always respect the wishes of those I assist etc.

Anyway merely perform the alternate clean-up procedures below and you should be good to go from a Anti-Malware point of view and good luck resolving your machine's hardware related issues.

Clean up with OTL:
  • Right-click OTL and select Run as Administrator to start the program.
  • Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot.
  • On the OTL main screen, depress the CleanUp button.
  • Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.
The above process should clean up and remove the vast majority of scanners used and logs created etc.

Any left over merely delete yourself and empty the Recycle Bin.

Reset the System Restore points:

Create a new, clean System Restore point:-
  • Right click on Computer and select Properties >> System protection >> Create....
  • Give this restore point a descriptive name and click Create.
  • When the new restore point is created click on OK >> close the System Properties window.
Note: Do not clear infected/old System Restore points before creating a new System Restore point first!

Flush Old System Restore points:-
  • Click on Start(Windows 7 Orb) >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> right-click on Disk Cleanup and select Run as Administrator.
  • Select the system drive, C >> OK.
  • Ensure the boxes for Recycle Bin, Temporary Files and Temporary Internet Files are checked, you can choose to check other boxes if you wish but they are not required.
  • Click on Clean up system files >> Select the system drive, C >> OK.
  • Now click on the More Options tab.
  • Under:-
System Restore and Shadow Copies
  • Click on Clean up... >> Delete >> OK >> Delete Files.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,684 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.