Great news, your logs are CLEAN!
but we still have a few things we need to address namely:
Step 1: Tool Removal with Delfix and Creation of a clean restore point
- I need to remove the tools we installed on your machine.
- We also have some programs on your machine that need updating to help protect you in the future.
- I also have some tips and information to help protect you in the future.
- Download Delfix from here
- Ensure Remove disinfection tools is ticked
- Create registry backup
- Purge system restore
- Click Run
The program will run for a few moments and then notepad will open with a log. Please paste the log in your next reply.
You can uninstall ESET Online Scanner
at this time.
I recommend keeping Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
installed. Make sure to update it and run it at least once a week. If it finds things such as PUP's (Potentially Unwanted Programs) you can delete those with no worries. However, if it finds something like a trojan, come see us.Step 2: Program Uninstalls, Program Updates, and Installation of FileHippo
Please uninstall the following programs from your machine, as you have the most current version on your machine and have no need of the older versions.
Updating Adobe Reader
- Adobe Flash Player 9
- Adobe Flash Player 10
Keeping your software updated
- Malware will exploit any vulnerabilities it can find in outdated software. If you are using Adobe Reader for reading pdf files, try using FoxIt Reader. It is a very capable alternative to Adobe.
- Please click here to download FoxIt Reader.
- If you wish to continue to use Adobe Reader, then please update it by clicking here.
- Please remember to uncheck the options to install the Chrome Toolbar and Google Chrome as your default browser.
Another weapon against malicious programs and viruses is to keeping other programs updated. There are several programs out there that can check for out of date programs on your computer. One is Filehippo
. You can run this on a weekly or monthly basis to check your programs for updates and then it will provide a link for you to download them.Download Filehippo UpdatecheckerStep 3: Tips, Information, and Optional Installation of UnChecky
Watch what you open in your emails. If you get an email from an unknown source with any attached files, do not open it.
Be careful of the websites you visit.
When installing new programs, don't be "click happy" and click through the screens. Many programs come with adware in them and are set to install them by default. Several programs require that you uncheck or select no to prevent the installation. Take you time and read each screen as you go.
To help protect yourself while on the web, I recommend you read How did I get infected in the first place?Installation of Unchecky
This is a very good little program that will automatically uncheck any boxes during a software installation. This helps prevent the software from installing any malware that is by default checked while the program is being installed.
to be taken to Unchecky.com
Click the very large Download
Once downloaded, double click the program (Vista, Win 7, and 8, right click and Run as Administrator
Once open, click the Install
Then click Finish
Unchecky is now installed and will help you keep unwanted check boxes unchecked.
Are there any further issues I can assist you with?