Hi Sorry for the delay.
If FRST.exe/FRST64.exe is not on your desktop, please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.
- Download the attached fixlist.txt 227bytes 103 downloads and save it to your desktop <<< very important - it must be in the same location as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe
- Right click and run as administrator. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
- Press the Fix button.
- It will produce a log called fixlog.txt on your Desktop.
- Please copy and paste the contents of that log back here.
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.
Good news, it looks like your system is now clean. A good workman cleans up after himself so let's now attend to that
We need to remove the tools we've used during cleaning your machine
- Download Delfix from here
- Ensure Remove disinfection tools is ticked
- Activate UAC
- Create registry backup
- Purge system restore
- Reset System Settings
- Click Run
- The program will run for a few moments and then notepad will open with a log. Please paste the log in your next reply
As you have installed Malwarebytes, I recommend that you keep this program and use it to help you stay clean.
The free version will scan your computer and fix the problems it finds but will not provide real-time protection. You must scan regularly to find any threats.
Consider purchasing the full version for active monitoring of threats.
Update Other Programs
Alongside keeping Windows updated, other programs installed on your computer should also be kept current as they too can introduce security risks.
Filehippo Update Checker will scan your computer for out of date programs and provide download links for the updates. This is worth doing on a regular basis.
Unchecky is a small service that runs in the background to help keep those "extra toolbars" and tag along search engines from automatically installing. By automatically directing you to a custom install with all the options unchecked, only what you manually choose and confirm gets installed.
CryptoPrevent is a free program that prevents CryptoLocker / ransomware from infecting your PC by locking down the OS so the malware can not get a grip on your system.
Web Of Trust is a browser add-on designed to alert the user before interacting with a potentially malicious website. It will highlight green if a site is known to be safe.
Adblock is a firefox browser add-on that blocks annoying banners, pop-ups and video ads.
- When browsing the internet, look closely at the links you click on. Some aren't always what they seem
- Avoid Peer to Peer file sharing utilities, these are a minefield of malware infections.
- Don't open email attachments unless you are expecting them. Even an email from your best friend can be infected, they might not have sent it.
- Pay attention when installing a program to your computer, particularly to any check boxes that may appear during installation, it is common for unwanted software to be installed in this way.
Items I need to see in your next post:
- FRST Fixlog
- Delfix Log