Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Keep me logged in"

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Each time I open G-to-G I have to log in, even though I keep checking the "Remember me" box. Have I done something wrong? ... batpark

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Hello batpark,

Have you checked your browser settings, not sure what browser it is that you are using so as an example below is the "how to" for FF

1:Navigate to the login page of the site you want to save a password for, and enter your password.

2: Click "Remember" when Firefox asks you if you want the password to be remembered.
3: Turn the Password Manager on if you are not prompted to save the passwords that you enter, this feature is turned on by default, but if it has been disabled you can enable it. Click "Tools," "Options" and "Security," and then check the box next to "Remember passwords for sites."

Hope this helps, meanwhile I will request that the thread be moved to the appropriate forum.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Double posting is normally poor forum etiquette but having requested that your thread be moved to the appropriate forum you could at least let us know if you still require assistance with this batpark!

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

philpower2: I tried the process you suggested several times but still couldn't get automatic sign-in. Not wanting to spend any more time on automating a not too onerous function, I just gave up. But your prompt today caused me to try again and now I think I have it: --- but it still is not as seamless as I get on some other sites. Now when I go to G-t-G I am not automatically signed in. Rather, when I click Sign In I get a screen with my password (but not my id) already filled in. Once I fill in my id or the first few letter of my email address then I <am> in.

Is this the way it's supposed to work? I recall the whole process <used> to be automatic --- that is, I  did not have to enter either id or my password while working from this pc.

I may have inadvertently changed something on Firefox. Could this have caused the trouble?

Thanks for your patience. ... batparkk

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Thanks for the update batpark  :thumbsup:

I use Chrome not FF so am not familiar with how it needs to be configured, as for signing into GTG, I do not need to do anything as long as the Remember me box is checked, have you tried Chrome or IE for testing purposes, alternatively try uninstalling the FF AutoFill add on and then reinstall it, some guidance here and here