Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with broadband speed

• Please log in to reply

Manchas

Manchas

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, i have a broadband connection. My computer is connected to a Ovislink SR-500 router, and one more computer is connected also. The router is connected to a ADSL modem with some strange brand "comtrend".

But it seems that when i browse the net its slower then the other pc.
Also when i access hotmail, the big banner on top of the page never appear, and in the other computer is ok, any tips of what might be wrong?

Advertisements

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
I have a comp thats brand new,custom build,XP, and the internet couldnt be faster..
on the other hand, I also have a 2000-01 dell, ME, and the same internet, is a ton slower. See if yours is just an older comp.

As for the banner, can you see any Flash on any site?

merlin811

merlin811

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
try going here on both pc's and test your speed.

http://www.dslreports.com/

test both pc's on the same test server (i.e. megapath) then post both results here..you may just need an MTU or RWIN Ajustment. :tazz: