Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox won't allow me to save jpg's

• Please log in to reply

BearCavalry

BearCavalry

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

I am using Firefox, the latest stable version, and I haven't installed any add-ons in the last month. But all of a sudden, yesterday, I try saving some images, and they end up saving as ...well whatever this is

1x7nUWm.jpg

Can someone please help me understand how something could have changed so much, that I can't do a simple action of saving a jpg anymore. And could you please assist me in fixing this little problem?

Thank you very much

Advertisements

vinaygarg

vinaygarg

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Does the same thing happens in Other Browsers too like IE, Chrome etc.?

BearCavalry

BearCavalry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Does the same thing happens in Other Browsers too like IE, Chrome etc.?

No sir, just in firefox as of now.

vinaygarg

vinaygarg

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Hmm.. You may try resetting Firefox to its default state

1. Click the menu button 2014-01-10-13-08-08-f52b8c.png and then click help 2014-01-10-13-10-08-eaa722.png .
  2. From the Help menu choose Troubleshooting Information.
    If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.

3. Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
  4. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
  5. Firefox will close and be reset. When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.

Probably this will solve your problem.

vinaygarg

vinaygarg

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

If after following the above said step, the problem still persist, follow the below steps for creating a new profile

1. Click the menu button 2014-01-10-13-08-08-f52b8c.png and then click Exit 2014-03-07-11-44-35-716f6b.png

2. Press 2011-09-20-08-33-13-ff63c4.jpg R (click the Windows Start button and select Run... on Windows XP).
  3. In the Run dialog box, type in:
    firefox.exe -p
  4. Click OK.

Note: If the Profile Manager window does not appear, you may need to specify the full path of the Firefox program, enclosed in quotes; for example:

• On 32-bit Windows: "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p
  • On 64-bit Windows: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p

If the Profile Manager window does not open, Firefox may have been running in the background, even though it was not visible. Close all instances of Firefox or restart the computer and then try again.

1. To start the Create Profile Wizard, click Create Profile... in the Profile Manager.
  2. Click Next and enter the name of the profile. Use a profile name that is descriptive, such as your personal name. This name is not exposed on the Internet. 
  3. You can also choose where to store the profile on your computer. To choose its storage location, click Choose Folder....
    Warning: If you choose your own folder location for the profile, select a new or empty folder. If you choose a folder that isn't empty and you later remove the profile and choose the "Delete Files" option, everything inside that folder will be deleted.
  4. To create the new profile, click Finish.