Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Player acting strange

• Please log in to reply

khazarian

khazarian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
I'll check the system performance later tonight and post the results.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Check the Event viewer for any errors in logs.

This is just an FYI article on how Hibernate impacts PC not to tell you not to use it, just info do not use any links in article   http://blog.spamfigh...-windows-7.html

Also known to put a lot more writes on a drive and with a  SSD can shorten the life. Hibernation is more used for Laptops, battery reasons.Sleep might be more beneficial.

Some checks you can do  http://www.makeuseof...rnation-issues/

Edited by jds63, 10 October 2014 - 08:51 PM.

khazarian

khazarian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
Yeah, I will disable the hibernation feature and put it to sleep mode.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Yeah, I will disable the hibernation feature and put it to sleep mode.

Well i am not forcing you to, but maybe by system configurations and other factors, hibernation is slowing your PC down. Could be something in Event viewer to tell you what errors are being caused.

Uses a lot of memory as saw in articles more beneficial to a battery powered device too, as sleep is, but this will require less. Unless concerned about electric bill.

By the way check back with article how to clear the "hibersys File" bring back space to the SSD.

Edited by jds63, 11 October 2014 - 02:24 PM.