Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU Tripped!

High Temperature

• Please log in to reply

vinaygarg

vinaygarg

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Hey Guys,

Yesterday i was working on my Desktop PC and suddenly screen gone blank and windows started again.! (and it is 2nd time this week)

I guess the more likely reason behind is CPU Temp.

I dont know much about PC Hardware, that why i am here and requesting you guys to help me finding the problem.

Please find the attached files relevant to my Desktop's Temp when it is in Idle state (only Chrome is running)

Attached Thumbnails

• HWMonitor.jpg
  • Speedfan.jpg

Edited by vinaygarg, 06 October 2014 - 02:23 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Hello vinaygarg,

Colleague iammykyl has identified at your topic here that the PSU that you have is of poor quality and performance, both generate more heat and this is a major contributor to your present issue, there is only one fan speed showing which suggests that there is also inadequate case cooling.

What type of case do you have, provide a link if you can.

NB: So that I can confirm that you have received notification of my reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

vinaygarg

vinaygarg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

By Case you mean cabinet?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Aye, case, cabinet or chassis are one and the same thing but depending on where in the world you live asking for a cabinet may get mixed replies American Cabinet - Indian Cabinet - UK Cabinet  :D

vinaygarg

vinaygarg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

How to check what type of case i m using?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

If your computer case is a brand name it will have a name or number on it somewhere, if not you may need to measure it, the MB details that you provided in your previous topic show it to be the ATX type/size.

Computer case and MB form factors explained here

vinaygarg

vinaygarg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Case is nearly 42cm

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

So your case is the same as the mini tower at the link.

You should take off the side of the case and check if there is room for at least one more case fan, make sure that the computer is disconnected from all sources of power when you do this.

vinaygarg

vinaygarg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

emm.. m quite unsure how to check if i have space for a fan?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Take the side off the case and compare the inside of your case to see if you have space available like in the attachment below, if you have you should add the fan/s to the highlighted locations  asap to get your temperatures down.