Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keep getting redirected to "online.bbt.com/auth/pwd.tb" [Solve

Redirect wrong password banking site

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

This is the message I got when I tried to log onto Paypal:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.paypal.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

www.paypal.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Chrome tried to connect to www.paypal.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. Either an attacker is trying to pretend to be www.paypal.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit www.paypal.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Advertisements

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

I think there was/still maybe an infection in Chrome.

We have removed some of it but remnants may still be in cache or somewhere in Chrome.

If it were me, I would completely uninstall Chrome making sure everything is gone... profile data, bookmarks everything.

Then try a reinstall.

You might also have to inform the bank in case they need to do something their end.

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Okay, will try that, but it happens in IE also.  So do I need to uninstall both browsers and reinstall?

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

Okay, will try that, but it happens in IE also

Interesting, you could have used that to run the ESET one.

Go to support Microsoft for instructions on how to repair/reinstall your Internet Explorer.

Also you might try resetting your router/modem.

Some routers you can re-set quite easily just by rebooting them, others need a different approach.

Some types of internet (i.e. DSL connections that use PPPoE in the router), you will need to know the data to re-setup the router itself.

Try simply rebooting first:

Disconnect your modem/router from the power supply. Wait at least 10 seconds and then restart. Wait until all the lights are back up and running - might take a minute or two and then see if you have connection again.

Some modems have a battery which will keep lights running even though you have disconnected the power supply. For these there is a button you can press to close it down.

Further

When was Kaspersky installed? If the problem happened at the same time it was installed then it might be Kaspersky interfering and causing a false positive at banking sites.

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Will try the modem reboot and Microsoft help.  Kaspersky has been on here quite awhile. It has been working fine since it was installed.  IE has just quit working now.  So I can't re-install Chrome.  :-/

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

Kaspersky has been on here quite awhile. It has been working fine since it was installed.

It was just an outside thought to make sure we covered all basis.

IE has just quit working now.

Something must be working because you are posting here. :)

If it hasn't fixed itself try rebooting (restarting) the computer and see if that helps.

Tell me if it doesn't.

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

I tried everything.  And I'm using Chrome to post on here.  I log out and try IE every so often to see if I can log onto any money sites, but that won't work either.  Now IE is not working right and Chrome is bringing up this site when I pull up the browser:

http://search.sudden...//google.com&r=

I have my home page set for Google, and this just started doing it.  I'm going to stomp on this computer!!

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

Okay let's see what another scan can show us.

Please run another FRST scan with the Addition.txt box ticked and post back the two logs generated - FRST.txt and Addition.txt.

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Here are the two results:

Attached Files

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

It's 1:33 a.m. and I'm so tired...I literally fell out of my chair and hurt my back and arm.  I am going to have to hit the sack.  Will you be able to help me tomorrow? If so, what time would be best for me to get online?

Advertisements

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

Catch you tomorrow. :)

I am around from about 8am NZ time (Auckland time).

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Emeralnzl...when you get back online, was just wondering if you found anything in the last two logs I attached.  I finally got a good night's sleep after all the hours I spent on the computer yesterday.  I hope you did too.   :)

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

Hello BeachBumBum,

Nothing new in the logs although there are one or two things that might be the culprit.

I would like you to try running Internet Explorer without add-ons to see if that makes a difference.

Try IE by clicking:

Start > All programs > Accessories > System tools > Internet Explorer [no add-ons]

Then try one of you banking sites to see if you still get the problem.

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Hi Emeraldnzl,

I can't get IE to work now.  It will go to the first webpage, then it hangs there.  I went to BBT.com, then entered my username and hit "Enter" for the next page to type in my password.  It won't go to the next page.  It just stops.  Then I tried to enter a different web address, and it wouldn't work at all.  :-/

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

So is it working at other sites in no add-ons mode?