Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't update or install software.

no error code cant install cant update

• Please log in to reply

rmorgan10

rmorgan10

• Pip
  • 2 posts

When I try to install any new software towards the end of the installations I get a pop up box titled Installer Information. The only message is "An internal error occurred." and no error code is give.  I have run virus scans, program install troubleshooter, run this program as an admin (which my account is), run windows update, run Microsoft Fix it Solution Center, tried installing in a clean boot state, disabled antivirus and firewalls while installing. I have tried everything I could find online and nothing works.  Any advice?

Advertisements

Robust

Robust

• PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
Hi,

Can we get a screenshot of this? Each installer shouldn't do this, and probably have a different error message/screen. If you're getting the same exact screen for every installation, this could be a sign of malware. Just before I refer you to the Malware Removal forum, I'd just like a screenshot of the dialog and also the following:

Please download MiniToolBox and run it.

Tick the following
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP Configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices - (dial) All
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size
  • List Minidump Files
Press Go and attach the file in your next post.

Edited by Robust, 09 October 2014 - 12:51 PM.

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

One other small point! Is the system clock correct on the bottom right of screen or do you have to keep resetting it? If so it may be the small coin sized battery sometimes called the CMOS battery, though it actually keeps the BIOS up to date. It may be flat and require replacement, because if the clock is out of synch, updates cannot be installed and may also affect program installation.

Nev.

rmorgan10

rmorgan10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

The system clock shows the correct time.  Thank you for your help

Attached Files