Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[HELP] User in laptop problem

• Please log in to reply

kentshiya

kentshiya

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have 2 user in my laptop, one is my personal and the other is "Work". In the office, I log in to my personal and then use the "Switch User" function to log in to the other user.
So I shutdowned my laptop while in "Work" user, then when I reached home, I turn it on, log in to my personal user as usual. It then show "Preparing Desktop", and when it logged in, everything set back to factory setting, everything is gone.
But when I go to "C/user/personal", everything is the same, every file is still there. But when I use the "Personal" at the "Start" icon, it is like a brand new laptop, nothing inside my user.
And I notice that there is a new folder name "TEMP" inside the "C/user", which lead me to thinking that I'm currently inside this "TEMP" user while log in to my personal.
But there is only 2 users on my laptop, Personal and Work. If log in to Personal leads my to this "TEMP" user then how do I fix this? Make it where I log in to my Personal and go to the correct user, not this "TEMP" user.

*My "Work" user still the same, nothing is wrong, so I suspected this happen because I shutdown without log off the Personal user. But I always did that, nothing went wrong until now"

Edited by kentshiya, 10 October 2014 - 10:08 AM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

One possible fix: How to Fix Windows 7 Logon Screen Showing Only "Other User" and Last Logged On User Icon

Another is to create a new user prfile and copy everything over from the old one: Fix a corrupted user profile