Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Youtube video loads but doesn't play

youtube video wont load buffering doesnt load endless buffering

• Please log in to reply

NoraNeko

NoraNeko

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hey guys,

since yesterday youtube won't play video although they are loaded. I'm using the lastest version of Google Chrome. Just like in the photo the buffering circle doesn't stop spinning and the video doesn't even play. BUT it isn't same for all videos, some play and some don't and I still have no idea what makes the difference. I already searched for a solution online and tried out everything possible, without any success.

First, it can't be a problem of internet speed 'cause at the moment I have 90mB/sec. Second, I already deleted cache and ALL other user data. I even used the TFS software several times. Third, since Chrome has the latest Adobe Player installed, it can't be a problem neither. I have the latest version of Java, too. (if it plays a role in this case) And just to make sure I installed an AP plug-in manually. I rebooted Chrome and my laptop (with win7) several times after doing the steps above. Also I have some extensions which I also deactived one by one and all together to make sure they didn't cause the problem. 

I guess I should mention that all other video sites play video perfectly. And I have no idea what is left to do. I can reinstall Chrome but after all I tried I doubt it will help. 

I also just found out that opera does play the videos and I don't want to hear anything about deleting Chrome. I really want to solve this goddamn problem so that I can sleep in peace. 

Please share your knowledge with some filthy noob of mine.

Attached Thumbnails

• youtube.png

Advertisements

haleyreinhart

haleyreinhart

• Pip
  • 3 posts

i've got the same problem, tried to delete cookies but nothing really helps... any idea what might be the problem?

haleyreinhart

haleyreinhart

• Pip
  • 3 posts

???? anyone knows

NoraNeko

NoraNeko

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Update: Today I found out that if I paste a video-URL of a video that doesn't play on youtube  in InfiniteLooper, then it plays. Which means that it has to be an ussue from youtube and not from chrome or my laptop. 

Edited by NoraNeko, 11 October 2014 - 06:56 AM.

haleyreinhart

haleyreinhart

• Pip
  • 3 posts

you're right thanks

NoraNeko

NoraNeko

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Another update: I think i found the solution to this problem. I've been using youtube for several hours straight and didn't have any problems. The videos on instagram didn't play so I looked for a solution and found this. I did what was written in the best answer (with green hack and 5 upvotes), both of the things. And then restarted chrome and since then all my videos were playing, even those which didn't play before. I hope it's the final solution. But if you have any problems, please tell me.

Nezu

Nezu

• Pip
  • 1 posts

hi, I was keeping an eye on this topic for a couple of days, and now I signed in to share a solution that worked for me: http://superuser.com...n-google-chrome

works like a charm, but can anybody explain what those two file exactly are?

carkeys.co.uk

carkeys.co.uk

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Just reviving an old thread as I was having the same issues but the solutions here weren't working for me, but I have another solution people can try.

What finally worked for me in Windows 8 was going into Advanced System Settings, and in the performance options I changed this setting to 'Adjust for best performance' in the Visual Effects tab, and then in the Advanced tab, I changed the Virtual Memory caching so that the maximum size was 1.5x my laptops 8gb of RAM. It had been set to auto previously. Then, even without following any of the solutions above like clearing cooking and cache, or deleting random files, this finally resulted in html5 videos playing again across all of my browsers, rather than loading and then refusing to play!

Saviorkste

Saviorkste

• Pip
  • 4 posts

As for YouTube won't play issue, you can try the following steps: clear browser data; reinstall browser; check the flash player and html5 player; disable hardware acceleration. If still not working, check these:

https://support.mozi...estions/1138547

Also, some people recommended that removing the Ad-Block can be useful, so you can have a check on these.
Good luck.

Patcl19

Patcl19

• Pip
  • 1 posts

The time and date on the computer MUST match the current time and date in the respective time zone. If they dont, the server doesnt recognise the client.

That was my problem.

Advertisements

dee4321

dee4321

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Do you have an external audio interface ?    power it down then restart.  works for me, I have MOTU. 

dimva

dimva

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Do you have an external audio interface ?    power it down then restart.  works for me, I have MOTU. 

Thnx mate! this whas my problem

HenryButtler1

HenryButtler1

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Try deleting Cache and Cookies 

David jack123

David jack123

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hello, 

If you have problem while watching the YouTube then touch the app for few seconds then app info (  click on I symbol ). Then disable the app for few seconds the again enable the  You Tube app then use it(It may be ask for update then update the application).

Hope it will work 

Thanks 

David Jack

David jack123

David jack123

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

hi , Youtube video loads but doesn;t play, it happens with me ,once in a while.it is happening because of the internet issue.if you are facing this issue then switch off the router for 5 mins then switch it on.this is issue will not come to you.