Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hi I keep getting an error message in my firefox browser "navigati

navigation cancelled virus firefox

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Just checking in here, will check back tomorrow please see number 75 for questions thanks

Edited by Feather24, 11 November 2014 - 05:12 AM.

Advertisements

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

My computer just picked up more problems:

racking Cookie Revsci

Tracking Cookie Revsci is a malicious software that can be used to interfere with the normal operation of a computer, gather personal information or allow a hacker to access the device remotely without the user's consent.

This kind of malware usually arrives in the form of an unwanted download from a malicious website or as code illegally injected into a legitimate website without the webmaster's knowledge. It can also be received as an email attachment or an instant message from an untrusted source.
by AVG ThreatLabs

What does Tracking Cookie Revsci do?

Though Tracking Cookie Revsci may have the appearance of being legitimate and useful, the program performs in the background unwanted actions. The malicious effects of Tracking Cookie Revsci may be anything undesirable for a computer user including:

• Stealing hard disk space and memory, slowing down or completely stopping the PC
  • Data theft (personal information, credit card information, used passwords...)
  • Corrupting or deleting data
  • Compromising the entire system by providing remote access to hackers
  • Gathering information about your web-browsing habits without your consent for advertising purposes
  • Installing other unwanted software

Generally, most Tracking Cookie Revsci can be detected and removed by AVG.

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Another :

Tracking Cookie Pointroll

Tracking Cookie Pointroll is a malicious software that can be used to interfere with the normal operation of a computer, gather personal information or allow a hacker to access the device remotely without the user's consent.

This kind of malware usually arrives in the form of an unwanted download from a malicious website or as code illegally injected into a legitimate website without the webmaster's knowledge. It can also be received as an email attachment or an instant message from an untrusted source.
by AVG ThreatLabs

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Another:

Tracking Cookie Casalemedia

Tracking Cookie Casalemedia is a malicious software that can be used to interfere with the normal operation of a computer, gather personal information or allow a hacker to access the device remotely without the user's consent.

by AVG ThreatLabs

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
Another: Tracking Cookie Advertising

Tracking Cookie Advertising is a malicious software that can be used to interfere with the normal operation of a computer, gather personal information or allow a hacker to access the device remotely without the user's consent.

by AVG ThreatLabs

Tracking Cookie Adtech

Tracking Cookie Adtech is a malicious software that can be used to interfere with the normal operation of a computer, gather personal information or allow a hacker to access the device remotely without the user's consent.

by AVG ThreatLabs

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

I've removed them however it seems that I'm picking up more and more of them.  Something seems to be happening this isn't normal activity for my PC.

Please help! thanks Joe.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,811 posts
Tracking cookies are not really a threat, more information can be found Here

Please read all of it, you can block cookies in your browser too.

Thanks
Joe :)

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Ok thanks for the link.  It seems strange that AVG would suggest the aggressive behaviour of the cookies I had if there wasn't an issue.  I guess some are aggressive and others aren't.

Did you see message 75 in response to your questions.  It has been a while since you posted so you might have missed it in the stream of posts? thanks :laughing:

So I'm still unsure whether everything is ok with my system.  on the ESET it found a trojan when I was doing the scan - not heard back about that, also a trojan was picked up by my anti virus which I had to manually clean as it was such a big file from 2013.  (message 75 explains more).

if so what is next please?

thanks

Edited by Feather24, 15 November 2014 - 02:20 PM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,811 posts
Do you mean this message,

Hi Joe,

- No I didn't receive a pop up my AVG picked it up, and said that the file was so big that I had to ok it to remove it doing it manually rather than AVG just auto removing it. The strange thing is that the virus was in the G: drive (as I mentioned before) AND it was in backup files dating back to May and June 2013. How come it hadn't been picked up before now? What sort of security risk or damage will the virus have done been left on my system for so long?

- Can you give me some feedback about the last log, any issues, I'm guessing as you haven't mentioned it that it was ok?

- I received this message today from my SP:

Minimum specification

Incompatible Browser

We have detected that you are using a browser not currently supported by Plusnet Assist. The supported Browsers are :

•Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
•Firefox
•Safari

This was while using Firefox, (remember when I said that the logo changed while using Firefox wondering it is re-directing to another page?)

I also got this message "mcci+mccilogx from Alcatel-Lucent" unverified publisher wanted to run. No idea what that was about.

thanks Joe

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

yes thanks

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,811 posts

I also got this message "mcci+mccilogx from Alcatel-Lucent" unverified publisher wanted to run. No idea what that was about.

Not sure what that is but it's clean, not malware related.

G: drive (as I mentioned before) AND it was in backup files dating back to May and June 2013. How come it hadn't been picked up before now? What sort of security risk or damage will the virus have done been left on my system for so long?

Not sure why that was not picked up before, you could reformat the USB.

We have detected that you are using a browser not currently supported by Plusnet Assist. The supported Browsers are :

Not familiar with that web site and why it's saying that.

How is the computer running?

Joe

Going to work now, will check this later 4 pm EST.

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Ok thanks, how do I reformat the USB?

things seem better thanks.

PS this is a little off subject I would welcome you sharing your vast knowledge.  I need to replace my internet secuirty (which includes anti virus, firewall protection) etc Is there a good FREE programme you would recommend?

thanks

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,811 posts

how do I reformat the USB?

Open Mycomputer and look for the USB you want to format, you will see it listed as removable storage device and a letter E , F, G , or H like that. All you do is put your mouse over it, now right click on it, a window opens , choose reformat and windows will erase everything on it.

I need to replace my internet security (which includes anti virus, firewall protection) etc Is there a good FREE programme you would recommend?

Are you referring to the machine we are working on right now ? Windows 7 Home Premium with AVG\AVG2014 already installed.

Thanks
Joe :)

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,811 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.