Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not Responding msg in browser!

• Please log in to reply

sanjkd

sanjkd

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

I've been getting a not responding msg that has been appearing in my browsers randomly where i have to wait 5-10 secs because the browser freezes. I started to get the msg appearing in my outlook. After much frustration on not being able to resolve dispite virus/malware scans showing nothing and trying some suggestions online I did a complete wipe and reinstalled windows 7. I have only installed office chrome firefox  and getting thesame issue!!!!  but it is not happening nearly as oftern. This leads me to believe it could be a hardware issue?...could it be hard drive?. My pc runs fairly warm but the cpu test shows 46-50 after checking 4 hrs of run time. What tests can I run to finally isolate this issue??

Thanks

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

The problem could be something like a slow internet connection, webserver(s), etc.

What are your Upload/Download Speeds? http://www.speedtest.net/

Edited by SpywareDr, 11 October 2014 - 05:42 PM.

sanjkd

sanjkd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

17mps upload    .5 mps download  12ms ping

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Assuming you're running Windows, does the same thing happen in Safe mode with networking?

John Michel

John Michel

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

You should check your network setting in control panel.

Or you are using a proxy.