Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is my motherboard compatiable with these upgrades? (Resolved)

upgarde help

• Please log in to reply

bobby101

bobby101

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Hi last year i got a computer and recently i have started getting into gaming on it but want to play games at 40-60 fps while still running with good graphics and also play more demanding games(BF4,Planetside 2,Dayz) but im not sure if these upgrades will fit/compatible with my motherboard. my motherboard is a Asus F1A55-M LX PLUS R2.0 and i im thinking of buying the Asus gtx 750 ti 2gb GPU ,Amd FX6300 proccessor and another 4gb stick of ram which i know will work to add to make 8gb ram ,but do not know if these are compatible with the motherboard i have. i do not really want to upgrade the motherboard as it puts more money onto the budget. Anyway hope someone can help as soon as possible thanks.

Advertisements

Alan1998

Alan1998

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

The FX 6300 isn't compatible with your MoBo

Cross branding RAM is a very bad idea. However, what is the make and model of BOTH types of rams?

GTX 750 ti... Well, I understand why... BUT, I've never used it honestly. I have a GTX 760 myself, and only speak of the highest things. I run BF4 @ 60FPS using Ultra Settings with a resolution of 1600x1200 (Recommended)...

With a G3D difference of like 1300, the GTX 760 is much better.

May I ask your max budget?

Edited by Alan1998, 13 October 2014 - 01:49 PM.

Alan1998

Alan1998

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Still with us?

bobby101

bobby101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Still with us?

yh ,my max budget is £250-£280 as im only 14 years of age and don't have lots to spend.also will the GTX 750 ti work with my mobo ?? and if it comes to it what proccessor would you recommend instead of a fx 6300 which is compatible with my mobo. and by the way at the moment i have a single ram card which is 4gb (Adata Premier Series 4GB DDR3 U-DIMM Memory Module) so will it be ok to get another one of them??

or could you recommend some upgrades which could runs games like battlefield 4,dayz on high to medium setting with 40-60 fps.

Edited by bobby101, 14 October 2014 - 04:20 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Hello Bobby101,

Couple of questions if I may;

What processor do you presently have.

What speed is the 4GB stick that you presently have.

What PSU do you presently have, brand and model name or number please.

What type of case do you have, if a brand name such as Antec post the model name or number, any other type of case tell us if it is a SFF (small form factor) mid tower or a full tower, see my canned text below for an explanation;

Please note that before purchasing an add on video card that the following must be considered;

Is the present PSU (power supply unit) powerful enough or will it also need upgrading.

What type of case do you have, full tower, mid tower or SFF (small form factor) this is important as you must make sure that there is enough room inside the case for the upgrade/s, upgrading a SFF type system can be difficult as they often use propriety components such as smaller and differing shape PSUs and they only have enough room inside the case for a low profile type add on card.

Your MB is the mATX type and these are often used in SFF computers such as those from Acer, Dell and HP etc, and that is why it is important to check if any potential video card will both fit and have enough power from the PSU.

NB: So that I can confirm that you have received notification of my reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

bobby101

bobby101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Hello Bobby101,

Couple of questions if I may;

What processor do you presently have.

What speed is the 4GB stick that you presently have.

What PSU do you presently have, brand and model name or number please.

What type of case do you have, if a brand name such as Antec post the model name or number, any other type of case tell us if it is a SFF (small form factor) mid tower or a full tower, see my canned text below for an explanation;

Please note that before purchasing an add on video card that the following must be considered;

Is the present PSU (power supply unit) powerful enough or will it also need upgrading.

What type of case do you have, full tower, mid tower or SFF (small form factor) this is important as you must make sure that there is enough room inside the case for the upgrade/s, upgrading a SFF type system can be difficult as they often use propriety components such as smaller and differing shape PSUs and they only have enough room inside the case for a low profile type add on card.

Your MB is the mATX type and these are often used in SFF computers such as those from Acer, Dell and HP etc, and that is why it is important to check if any potential video card will both fit and have enough power from the PSU.

NB: So that I can confirm that you have received notification of my reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

im going to leave the ram for now but its max speed is 800Mhzi think just incase i change my mind.my case is a mid tower case and my present cpu is the amd a4-3420 with the amd 6410d hd graphics built into it.im going to get a new psu because most likely mine isn't enough watts so ive been looking at the Corsair Builder Series 80+ Bronze CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430W Power Supply (http://www.amazon.co...430W 80+ Bronz)    would this be enough power?

Edited by bobby101, 15 October 2014 - 01:00 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Re: The amount of Ram, I forgot to ask earlier if your OS is 32 or 64-bit, whichever you have will determine whether or not 8GB of ram will be recognised by Windows.

The Corsair brand of PSU is a good choice but any half decent video card will require a minimum of 500W + until a video card has been settled on you should not choose a PSU to ensure an adequate power output and  enough amps on the +12V rail.

AMD A6-3670K 2.70GHz (Socket FM1) APU Processor (AD3670WNGXBOX)

EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC ACX 

EVGA 500B 500W Power Supply 80+ Bronze Power Supply Unit

Under your maximum budget with shipping included.

NB: No need to quote every reply btw  :thumbsup:

bobby101

bobby101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Thanks for the help  :D and by the way my monitor only has vga so will i be able to use  a tv instead with hdmi?? also does this mean i do not need a new motherboard or case and will beable to run battlefield 4, dayz,minecraft,rust etc medium - highest settings?? also im 64-bit so il be ok with the ram i understand upgrading ram and will upgrade it in the future.

Edited by bobby101, 15 October 2014 - 03:04 PM.

Alan1998

Alan1998

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

You can buy DVI to VGA adapters. I own 2 myself. As for the TV and HDMI, yes.

You shouldn't need a new case, or MoBo according to Phill's suggestions and, yes you should be bale to run BF4 at decent settings.

bobby101

bobby101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

ok thanks i will probably get a dvi to vga adapter as it looks better on a monitor . Anyway thanks for the help  :D

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

You are welcome bobby and sorry for hijacking the thread Alan  :)  :thumbsup:

Alan1998

Alan1998

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

No problem! I have no issues with you help me! I like learning like this.

Also... You are most welcome Bobby

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:spoton:

bobby101

bobby101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Hey im might not have enough to upgrade all the components so if i buy the evga gtx 760 sc 2gb and the 500 watt psu will i beable to stick with my proccessor i already have which is a duel core 2.8ghz and get the quad core a month later and still play BF4 medium settings before i get the quad core????

Edited by bobby101, 17 October 2014 - 11:26 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

That would be a sensible approach but you will get better performance when you upgrade to the quad core CPU, if a game does call on the 4th core of a quad CPU it does not do so for long and will get along fine on 2 or 3 cores dependant on which game it is, BF4 is fine with decent performing dual core CPUs but for ultra performance it requires a 3GHz quad core CPU, I could only find the appropriate CPU for your MB at Amazon USA, see here