Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ethernet cable stuck in Sony Vaio...

• Please log in to reply

keiramackenzie

keiramackenzie

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I bought an ethernet cable shortly after buying my new Vaio, plugged it in, had no connection whatsoever, tried renewing the IP address, to no avail, so went to take it out and switch back to USB, but it was stuck in the usb card!!

It's a Belkin Fast cat 5e, premium patch cable, and the network card port is situated at the back of my desktop underneath a sliding panel.

I have tried and tried to puch the little clip on the plug down (which says BON) to get it out, all ways, and all sorts, but nothing is happening.

What has happened here? I defo did not push it in that hard on purpose, so that can't be it, or maybe it could..?

Any help on this issue, or the connectivity one would be much appreciated as I am at the point of much despair.

Thanks for reading
keiramackenzie

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Hate to do this but, are you sure you plugged it into the ethernet prot and didn't force it into a modem coonection??

Murray

keiramackenzie

keiramackenzie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
He he, I surely hope not. I just checked to make absolutley sure, and it is in the 'Network' cable slot. PLus, it did light up when i originally put it in..does this mean this is right...

Have looked at the 3d specs for the rear interface, and I have plugged it into the Network one, and not the 'line' one, which I assume to be right

Weheey!

I did a hard boot of the modem for the second time, and it is working!

Still can't get the cable out, but I am now connected via ethernet!

Edited by keiramackenzie, 11 June 2005 - 09:51 AM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Excellent.. We had a system that did the same thing to us at work..

I needed a couple very small flat bladed screwdrivers and abot 10 minutes to work it free..

One to press the locking tab down and one to gently work the connector from the slot!!

Murray