Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WINDOWS 7 BOOT LOOP

• Please log in to reply

snakedr

snakedr

• Pip
  • 1 posts

hi,

i have a HP desktop that just keeps looping on booting. i have tried reloading an OS or system repair but upon reaching the disc installation screen the machine "freezes" as the mouse and keyboard stop responding. i have tried getting the hard disk and placing it in a similar HP machine and it works ok and all data is ok and even able to do custom install of windows 7 but as soon as i put it back in original machine it returns to looping just after the "starting windows" screen. what else can i try

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,771 posts

:welcome:     snakedr

Please provide the model name or series number (not serial)  of the HP desktop + any upgrades that you may have done such as an add on video card or from XP to Windows 7 etc.

NB: So that I can confirm that you have received notification of my reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page.