Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with malwarebytes, compatibility with Avast on a laptop

• Please log in to reply

Janis

Janis

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

I am having problems with malware bytes, premium.  I have purchased it for two computers, desktop and laptop.  It works for awhile on the desktop (WIN XP) and then refuses to update or scan and tell me I am not protected!   The laptop has issues with Avast.  I get popup warnings telling me Avast has blocked a malicious site (malwarebytes) or other harmless site.  The only work around so far is to unisntall and reinstall.   Is there a fix for this?  Is there a better antivirus to use with Malwarebytes?  Is there a recommended trojan scanner, thinking that might be a part of the problem.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Avast on the desktop too ? Sometimes 2 AntI-Viruses just don't work together on same system. Not sure why Malwarebytes is doing this unless on desktop it's along with Avast causing issue.

This is fairly new version of Malwarebytes. Although read articles of it supporting XP still.

Not sure what else works well with Malwarebytes if your talking a free version Anti-Virus or paid. I use Norton Internet Security 2014 along with New Malwarebytes, so far no issues at all.

I do not need both program with real protection, one i use just for scans other for real time protection, i feel sometimes this is were the issues will occur. Could of tried free version first of Malwarebytes to see.

Now you already purchased Malwarebytes. So do not know if looking for paid or free version of another.

Google it. Look at ratings. Windows XP is kind of vulnerable since support has ended.

Edited by jds63, 15 October 2014 - 04:04 PM.