Hi guys, I am, as I put in the title, at my wits end; here's my problem:
5 days or so ago, I downloaded, or tried to download, the RealAlternative player to play some rmvb files. I must have not paid close enough attention to all the adware that CNET tried to get me to accept, because that triggered days of headaches for me that won't end. Same old story, right? Anyway, my problems manifest by my browsers failing after 10 minutes or so. This is across IE, Firefox, and Chrome. I can visit sites for a while, but then they just get hung up "waiting for...". My internet is still technically working, because my 2 rokus still work fine, my phone works fine, and I can still play World of Tanks, but my browsers don't work.
Things I've tried:
MalwareBytes anti-malware (all scans)
Avast (full scans, boot-time scans, browser cleanup)
^All of the above show no problems^ (although they did find other malware which I've removed with seemingly no problems)
I've updated my windows, all updates successful
I've updated my router firmware
Most recently, I downloaded and ran ADWCleaner, and it came up with a piece of malware called "netfilter64.sys". I suspect that this is the problem. However, it seems to fail to remove it. I've run it twice now.
This is maddening, you guys are my last hope.