Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows not start after dell logo (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

ahsanmk

ahsanmk

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hy everyone i unfortunately turned on all technologies in my bios and then i restart my pc and after the dell logo appears there i got black screen with a underscore blinking in the corner of my screen.please help me as soon as possible. :(

Edited by ahsanmk, 21 October 2014 - 03:33 AM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Welcome to G2G :)

Have you tried resetting the BIOS back to factory defaults, save the change, cross your fingers and then see if Windows will boot up?

ahsanmk

ahsanmk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
How do i reset bios?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

How to Reset Your BIOS

ahsanmk

ahsanmk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
But my bios is not opening?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

How did you get in there before?

To get in there on my computer, I power the system all the way off, wait a couple of seconds, press the On button and then start tapping the [Del] key on my keyboard. Exactly which key, or keys that need to be pressed varies widely though. Sometimes it's [Del], or [F1], or [F2], or [F10], or [Ctrl][Esc], etc., etc.

If you don't know which key(s), and you have a desktop computer, pulling the CMOS battery out for few minutes will usually reset the BIOS back to the factory defaults.

And as those instructions I linked you to above show, some computers have a little jumper on the motherboard that can be moved to reset the BIOS to factory default settings.

ahsanmk

ahsanmk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

thank you problem solved :yes:  :geek:

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Excellent news. Thanks for letting us know. :)