Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba Satellite Sound Problem

• Please log in to reply

restoration

restoration

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have a new laptop a Toshiba Satellite C75D-B7260. Its a windows 8.1 64 bit 8GB, AMD A6 processor. The problem I have is that every now and then (I can't produce the problem on my on) the laptop speakers go out and a slight clicking sound erupts from the speakers, its not terribly loud but definitely noticeable. The weird part is that when I mute the sound on the laptop the clicking continues. Like I've had speakers problems with previous computers in the past but whatever noise that would emanate from the speakers was usually muted when I tried to mute the speakers. I've restarted the computer, re-installed the audio driver, tried messing around with settings in control panel, etc. Anyone know of such an issue or any solutions? If anyone needs more information lemme know. Thanks!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:welcome:     restoration,

If the noise is still present when the sound has been muted it suggests that this is a hardware issue, as the notebook is new you are best to return it and have it repaired or replaced under the warranty terms, adjusting the volume and trying different audio drivers will not void your warranty but tinkering with anything hardware wise will do.

FWIW, with the symptoms you describe it is possible that there is a loose/damaged speaker wire and this will require a significant part of the notebook being dismantled to investigate and repair.

NB: So that I can confirm that you have received notification of my reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page.