Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ps3 controller not working

• Please log in to reply

Alphamale89

Alphamale89

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi i have my ps3 controller but my L3 button does not work so i went and purchased 2 different controllers along side 1 more wire so i have 2 wires and 3 controllers but none of the controllers aside from the original with the bad L3 works i dont understand why that works but not the 2 Brand new controllers dont i also tried plugging 2 usb port on wall conecting with my phone still nothing is it my console or any suggestions please?

Advertisements

lazerbear

lazerbear

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I won't be able to help much, but here's a suggestion:

Hi, just registered with this website to tell you because i had the same problem for ages and just found out the solution.

PS3 controllers have a memory, theres a tiny hole in the back of the controller which is a reset button. stick a paperclip in or something and then turn on ps3, put the usb in and press the ps button. should sync straight away

More can be found at http://www.geekstogo...nect-to-my-ps3/

Hope that this helps!

Edited by lazerbear, 24 October 2014 - 07:25 PM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts

I had a similar problem with my PS3 a while ago.

There's a reset button on the back of the controller use a paper clip on it to reset.

Turn on the PS3, use a paperclip on the reset button for several seconds, now try hold the PS button down on the controller.  The controller should then sync with your PS3.

If it doesn't sync when on wireless try connecting the cable to get it to sync.