Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gamer's software (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

khazarian

khazarian

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

I discovered a gamer's program that isn't free-$16.00. It's called Thaiphoon. Anyone has experience using it? And is there something similar that is free?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Not heard of their gaming software, do you have a link to that what you mention above khazarian.

NB: So that I can confirm that you have received notification of my reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

khazarian

khazarian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
The url is www.softnology.biz. They have a demo version.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

I had seen the software on benchmarkers in the past and not sure how you would use the software for gaming, hence why I asked for the link, benchmark article here

khazarian

khazarian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

My question is would Thaiphoon Burner be useful software? 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

My question is would Thaiphoon Burner be useful software? 

Sorry but I misread your question as "I discovered a gamer's program that isn't free-$16.00. It's called Thaiphoon. Anyone has experience using it? And is there something similar that is free?"  :P 

Levity apart, the software is useful when used by the right person for doing the task that it is intended for but in all honesty this type of user will not be looking for freeware.

khazarian

khazarian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
OK, good that you clarified the matter. I don't believe I could fit the user catagory but you never know.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

The type of software may be ok to try out on an old computer if you just wanted to experiment but not on your main rig, if you are interested in free benchmarking software have a look at PC-Wizard and Prime95

khazarian

khazarian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
Already had Prime95 but will test PC-Wizard. Thank you for the link.
Once I installed a new i5 cpu and the CoolerMaster N520 cooler, the idle temp is 27C and never exceeds 36C no matter I throw at it. We'll see after the stress test.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:thumbsup: