Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NEED HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Bekki_boo

Bekki_boo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Is there anybody out there that would know why HP pavilion zt1141s turnsit self off after only being on for 5 mins?

I have just been given it from my older brother who has got a new one after having trouble with it his friend thought it was something to do with xp and deleted the program from the computer and now its just empty so i cant even blame that (if that would help) i have a xp disc to install but the comp wont stay on long enough for it to load up i know nothing at all about computers so can give out to much info i would realy like to sort this out as i've not got a pc of my own

PLEASE CAN SOME ONE HELP ME!!!!!

Advertisements

ControlSet00x

ControlSet00x

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
i doubt this but maybe it's the power supply. do you have a different cable you could try?

Bekki_boo

Bekki_boo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
have no spare cable but will look into it thanks

it will let me charge the machine up and it works with power cable and with battary just goes off after 5 mins :tazz:

ControlSet00x

ControlSet00x

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
access the bios...see if there are any settings there regarding your problem...you might get lucky and find a setting that's causing it...be careful in there and make sure if you want to exit w/out saving changes you hit esc. ..to exit saving changes hit F10

Bekki_boo

Bekki_boo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks when i get home will try that and post what happened :tazz:

Space-Man

Space-Man

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
I think that it has got something to do with the power supply because their won't be a setting which tells your pc/laptop to turn itself off...

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Maybe your battery is just dead. Try getting a new battery. Or let me know what kind of lappy it is and i will look for a new one for you.

-E

Bekki_boo

Bekki_boo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks to all that helped me

The prob was the fan it stoped working properly so after 5mins the laptop was just turning it self of so the proceccer* would not heat up