Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen loop

• Please log in to reply

Medicdan

Medicdan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So I have the HP envy 4-1117nr. It has worked fine. I woke this morning and it's looping from a blue error screen to the HP start up, but it never starts up. It won't let me go into factory restore by pressing f11 and I honestly have no idea what to do. Any one have any suggestions please?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Try this:

1. Press and hold f11 as you press the power button.
2. Choose your keyboard layout.
3. Select Troubleshoot from the boot options menu.

4. Select HP Recovery Manager, and follow the on-screen instructions

Medicdan

Medicdan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have tried this, but when pressing F11 it says wait a moment then continues with the looping

rachella_13

rachella_13

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Just repair and troubleshoot your computer or window then restart your computer again.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can you read what the BSOD says or is it going by to fast?
Can you try to get to Safe Mode and if so then can you try the turn off auto reboot option so that the BSOD will stop so you can get the information from it?
If neither works then try Last known good configuration and let us know if any of the options work. Most important is to try and get the BSOD to stop for the info it contains.