Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't open attachments or links in Outlook Express dispite changin

• Please log in to reply

Born yesterday

Born yesterday

• Pip
  • 2 posts

So what gives? I recently lost a chunk of e-mails and was forced to go to an actual tech to have him find them for me...but when OE reopened and I thought the nightmare was over, I found that no attachments coming in or links could be opened. Nothing else had been changed, but I did uncheck the security box that prevents attachments from opening and images to be displayed as well.

Nothing changed, dispite rebooting and many select words...

Any help would be vastly appreciated!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts

In Internet Options try setting the default mail program to OE (Outlook Express).

Born yesterday

Born yesterday

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

In Internet Options under

Internet Properties...e-mail gives an option for OE and is now blank...is that what you refer to?  If so, that didn't change my problem opening attachments.

Any other suggestions?

Edited by Born yesterday, 30 October 2014 - 08:00 AM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts

I was addressing the links problem. Did it help with that?

As for attachments, what kind of attachment?

.jpg

.doc

.pdf

.???