Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

usb 2.0 and firewire card (BELKIN)

• Please log in to reply

hal

hal

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I installed a BELKIN f5u508 usb and firewire card in my computer. After instalation the computer will not boot. No beeps no video. The drive light comes on but nothing happens. I moved the card to the second slot in the computer with the same results.
My system model ecs k7som+ 1.0 Main circuit board is American megatrends 07.00t 04/02/01
I am ruunig xp home with service pack one installed. I tried loading the driver that came with the unit. No change.
When i remove the card all is back to normal.Of coarse i didn't leave the computer on very long for fear of doing damage.
The computer curently has four usb ports that work fine. I am trying to add the firewire.
Hal.

Advertisements