Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 Media Center

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

CCWTech

CCWTech

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Has anyone heard about Windows 10 Media Center?

I was pretty disappointed in 8 / 8.1 that there weren't really any changes from Windows Vista/Windows 7.

I don't have high hopes for Windows 10 changing that, but wanted to know if there have been any rumors.

Advertisements

Tina1234

Tina1234

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Microsoft has released its newest operating system Windows 10 Technical Preview. Hearing that Macgo Windows Blu-ray Player is fully compatible with Windows 10. So you can choose this media player.

CCWTech

CCWTech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Tina, I am not asking about the media player, my question is about media center. It's very cool that the media player supports blu-ray however.

Tina1234

Tina1234

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Sorry for I am on the wrong way. 

CCWTech

CCWTech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

No worries. It's great info about media player though. Thanks for sharing that.

Tina1234

Tina1234

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Thank you again, I was thinking Windows Media Center is the same thing as Windows Media Player. Then I searched the Google, they are not the same ones.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Windows Media Center has been discontinued, and will not be available for Windows 10.

Windows 7 had media center built into certain versions, WIndows 8 made it available as an add-on, but announced it as EOL (end-of-life). Windows 10 marks the end of an era. 

CCWTech

CCWTech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Interesting... Well I will run 8 for a few years, then find a linux replacement for it.