Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

multiple .exe *32 processes [Closed]

chrome.exe *32

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mdowling

mdowling

• Pip
  • 5 posts

My issue seems to be exactly the same as this post:http://www.geekstogo...-in-background/

So I opened task manager the other day and noticed that there was an ever-changing list of processes labeled: Flzvnbcuzs.exe *32 labeled as by Google Chrome. I figured the process name in and of itself was pretty suspicious so I checked the file location and it led to: C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\LocalLow\pybcbjl\hyfppxuol

and I looked around in these folders and all of them had random gibberish names. I troobleshooted for a bit around first by uninstalling google chrome and google drive and anything related to Google but the processes were still there. And someone said uninstalling uTorrent would do something, so I did, and the processes were no longer in task manager, so I proceeded to delete the file location of the processes (which it previously wouldn't have allowed me to do because the file was open and running). Upon doing so the processes immediately reappeared in task manager and the new file location became: C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\LocalLow\SKS\pybcbjl\hyfppxuol

So basically it just remanifested itself in another folder. I'm looking to get rid of this because it's been eating up my processor and slowing down my browser.

*I've run through all of my virus protection, Malwarebytes, Microsoft Security Essentials, and even CCleaner, nothing detected

OTL scan:

Spoiler

Edited by mdowling, 02 November 2014 - 03:20 PM.

Advertisements

mdowling

mdowling

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

FRST scan:

Spoiler

Edited by mdowling, 02 November 2014 - 10:07 AM.

mdowling

mdowling

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Additional Scan:

Spoiler

Edited by mdowling, 02 November 2014 - 10:08 AM.

mdowling

mdowling

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Still waiting for a reply

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts

Still waiting for a reply

The reason you are still waiting is becuase you posted replies to your own post. We look for one, single post, describing the issue with a scan. The instructions are posted on a Sticky on the first page.

Also, posting your results under a Spoiler isn't necessary.

That said, let's have a look with a different tool. Please cut and paste the results into one post. Don't "attach" the post, just paste it.

FRST.gif Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

• Right-click on FRST.gif icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.

Please copy and paste their content into your next reply.

mdowling

mdowling

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Thanks, but I got help at bleepingcomputer.com within 5 minutes.

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts

Thanks for notifying us!

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.