Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Accelerators - Access Yahoo Mail (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

jbljohn

jbljohn

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

How do I know if I have accelerators?  Windows 8 - Lenovo.  Still can't get to Yahoo Mail on my computer but can access on my Wife's laptop.  Could accelerators be the problem?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts

Hello jbljohn,

Still can't get to Yahoo Mail on my computer 

Please explain what you mean by "still" as in how long has this been going on for, have you ever been able to access yahoo mail on it and what steps have you tried, have you contacted yahoo support for example.

What browser are you using.

As you can access it on the another computer it may suggest a security setting on the Windows 8 Lenovo.

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Have not been able to sign into Yahoo or Yahoo Mail on my Lenovo Desktop for over two days Running IE 10.  What security settings should I change?  I have called Yahoo support twice and been put on hold for over an hour both times with no response. Also got a message from Yahoo (Support) that they would call me back in 23 minutes that was over 36 hours ago.  When I click on Properties for this pop-up the URL Address is https.//s.yimg.com/rq/Darla/2-7-5/html/r-sf.html  On the pop-up the only choice I have is "Ad Choices"  I select that and then select "Why this Ad"  It indicates the ad was selected by Yahoo and then states this ad not compatible with IE 8  and to try with a more modern Search Engine.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts

I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Philpower2,  My Yahoo and Yahoo Mail have now started working again - not sure why but I am glad they have returned to service.  Yahoo Support is worse than horrible.  Thanks for your assistance.  It is greatly appreciated. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts

Good news but sorry to hear about the lack of support from yahoo  :(

You are most welcome btw and thank you for the follow up  :thumbsup:

I would still follow the malware self help guide as https.//s.yimg.com/rq/Darla/2-7-5/html/r-sf.html has been reported as malware, if you can't clear it up yourself the GTG malware experts will happily help you eradicate it.