Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Adding DVD Writer

• Please log in to reply

dshortt

dshortt

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a home PC with Windows 98SE, K7SEM motherboard, Amd Athlon processor, USB 1.1 (2 ports), Internal CD R/RW +/- Writer, Internal CD-rom, and a Maxtor 120 GB HD. I am trying to install a new Liteon SOHW-1693 External DVD R/RW +/- Writer. My computer recognizes a new USB device but won't recognize the driver. It keeps telling me that it can't find one. I've downloaded the driver off the install disk, off the Liteon website, off the Nero website and unzipped them. I also tried to get the computer to read the driver off of the disk. And I downloaded new drivers for the motherboard. I don't know what else to do.

Advertisements