Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My headphone has problems!

windows 7 asus laptop mic

• Please log in to reply

siddharthgomathinayagam

siddharthgomathinayagam

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Hello to everyone,I have an asus laptop running on windows 7 os and i have a problem with my heaphones when i am making a video call using skype i  can hear the other persons voice but when i reply they cant hear.I would love to get an solution to my problem....

Advertisements

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Hi :welcome:

What make and type is the headphone and mic set please, is it plugged in via the ordinary mic port or is it a full USB type?

Have you tried the instructions for setting up as provided by Skype and also tried the set up checking service to see if it does record your voice?

We can  perhaps help better if we know the answers to those questions, thanks.

Nev.

siddharthgomathinayagam

siddharthgomathinayagam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hello there thank you for you reply,no headphone seems to work in my laptop,i just used some earphones which i use in my mobiles and it did not work i can hear the other persons voice but they cant hear me,i want to know how to see if my headpone is working or not,help me and my laptop is of asus and has an core i7 running on windows 7.if u need any info about the issue please ask since i am not an expert!Thank you :D

siddharthgomathinayagam

siddharthgomathinayagam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Anyone out there who can help me?

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

ok we don't know what mic you have because you haven't said, so i'm going to assume you do have a microphone, either built into the laptop or part of the headphones your using.

this link will explain how to setup your skype sound settings, experiment by choosing different options and then making a test call after each selection, when you can hear yourself talk on the test call, then everything is setup correctly.

https://support.skyp...windows-desktop

if you can hear yourself on the test call but your friend still can't hear you, then get them to check their sound setup, it may be a problem on their end and not yours.

:popcorn:

siddharthgomathinayagam

siddharthgomathinayagam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hello there Mr terry

ok we don't know what mic you have because you haven't said, so i'm going to assume you do have a microphone, either built into the laptop or part of the headphones your using.

this link will explain how to setup your skype sound settings, experiment by choosing different options and then making a test call after each selection, when you can hear yourself talk on the test call, then everything is setup correctly.

https://support.skyp...windows-desktop

if you can hear yourself on the test call but your friend still can't hear you, then get them to check their sound setup, it may be a problem on their end and not yours.

Hello there Mr terry 1966 i looked in to the link and my problem is now solved its just i had to change the settings in skype i went to options and then tools and in there audio i changed the settings to headphone.Anyhow it worked and i was able to listen myself on the test call!Thank you a lot!!!!Thanks to This forum a lot too!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by siddharthgomathinayagam, 11 November 2014 - 02:09 PM.

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

glad you sorted out your problem and happy to have helped. :thumbsup: