Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell touchpad broke ( kinda )

Dell touchpad broke

• Please log in to reply

AlexDidi

AlexDidi

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey , i use Dell laptop and my touchpad kinda broke , my right click isnt working WELL..my left click either ( SOMETIMES )..
with USB mouse i can do whatever i want, but i cant with mouse , i only use touchpad but it broke :(
i must press several times with right click to see the menu , and i play online games ( MOBA ) like LoL..and its really annoying i cant play fine my game :/..
help please..

PS: SOMETIMES , my left click and my touchpad works like the right click, why? o.O please help as fast as possible..

Edited by AlexDidi, 03 November 2014 - 01:39 PM.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

AlexDidi,

:welcome:

Model of Laptop. How old is laptop, Is it still warranty ? Could there be possible updates to this touchpad, is it part of laptop or seperate ? Check with Dell's site.

If it is old, possibly worn or broke.

AlexDidi

AlexDidi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Dell inspiron 3521 , i got my laptop in christmas its like about , 11 months old , i think it is still warranty , what do u mean ''is it part of laptop or seperate?'' o.O i bought this laptop with touchpad, lol. Thanks for help.. Waiting for ur reply.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Dell inspiron 3521 , i got my laptop in christmas its like about , 11 months old , i think it is still warranty , what do u mean ''is it part of laptop or seperate?'' o.O i bought this laptop with touchpad, lol. Thanks for help.. Waiting for ur reply.

Should be at least a year for your warranty for this laptop. There is touchpads that are seperate, wireless or wired  http://www.logitech....nters/touchpads in case you never knew.

How long has this been happening ? Do you regularly clean the touchpad, damp soft cloth, mild soap and water ? Ever update drivers for this on Dell's site http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-15-3521/drivers  I do not know if operating system was 64bit or 32bit Windows 8 to show you exact driver, but if select proper bit of the Operating system and look under keyboard, mouse drivers sections you will see the Touchpad driver dated Feb. 2014 as newest.

Before updating it if not familiar how to get back to us here.

If the driver update and cleaning it does not fix the issue, it's possible the problems is with touchpad itself or another driver on system or other software conflict with it. Have you added anything recently when this occurred ?

Sound like you are saying sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't work. So if it could be bad this is were you will need to contact Dell for replacement.

Edited by jds63, 04 November 2014 - 02:05 PM.