Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC doesn't detect Seagate Pocket Warrior

• Please log in to reply

ThatRandomGuy

ThatRandomGuy

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

I backed up some files to this external drive a while back. Now, I want to restore it but the computer doesn't show the device when I plug it in. I can hear the motor whirring inside the drive but the computer doesn't allow me to access the device and run the security program to restore the files. However, the device works on another PC. It also shows up as a "USB to ATA/ATAPI Bridge" on the Devices and Printers page. However, it doesn't show up when I open the "Computer" page. :( How do I get it to function. It is strange since it worked to back up my files before I had my PC fixed and my hard drive wiped.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
the device works on another PC. 

A good sign for the drive and the data on it and may suggest that the problem is within Windows on your own PC.

It also shows up as a "USB to ATA/ATAPI Bridge" on the Devices and Printers page. However, it doesn't show up when I open the "Computer" page. 

Again it may suggest that the problem is within Windows on your own PC.

Have you tried the MS Fix it for such issues, details here

NB: So that I can confirm that you have received notification of my reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

ThatRandomGuy

ThatRandomGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Thanks for the reply. I tried that but it still didn't work.

Edited by ThatRandomGuy, 08 November 2014 - 04:08 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

You have backed up your data so you should now use any diagnostic tools that are available for the drive, try Seatools for Windows first please, details here

Does the USB port on the drive look ok.

You are welcome btw  :)

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

It's been a while since we heard from you.   Have you managed to solve your problem?   An update would be appreciated.

Thanks.